If you’re travelling to Thailand or Phuket at this time, here are the latest vaccination requirements as updated by the Thai government on June 28, 2022. If you are ‘fully vaccinated’ you will have one or a combination of the below Covid vaccines. Otherwise you will be deemed unvaccinated, or under-vaccinated. In this case, at this time, you will be required to have a supervised ATK test or PCR test that have to register as ‘negative’ in the 72 hours before your departure to Thailand.
Remember, when travelling to Phuket or Thailand at this time, some airlines will have their own policies in regard to vaccination certificates and the wearing of masks on their aircraft.
Approved Covid-19 vaccines in Thailand
1. CoronaVac (Sinovac) – 2 doses needed / 2nd dose after 2-4 weeks
2. AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria, Covishield) – 2 doses needed /2nd dose after 4-12 weeks;
3. Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty, Tozinameran (INN)) – 2 doses needed / 2nd dose after 3 week;
4. Jansen (Johnson & Johnson) 1 dose needed;
5. Moderna (Spikevax) – 2 doses needed / 2nd dose after 4 weeks);
6. COVILO (Sinopharm, Hayat-Vax) – 2 doses needed / 2nd dose after 3-4 weeks);
7. Sputnik V – 2 doses needed / 2nd dose after 3 weeks);
8. Covaxin – 2 doses needed / 2nd dose after 4 weeks;
9. Novavax (Nuvaxovid) / Covovax – 2 doses needed / 2nd dose after 3 weeks);
10. Medigen – 2 doses needed / 2nd dose after 4 weeks;
11. TURKOVAC/ERUCOV-VAC – 2 doses needed / 2nd dose after 4 weeks:
12. Sputnik Light – 1 dose needed;
13. CansinoBio (Ad5-nCov / Convidecia) – 1 dose needed.
How are fully vaccinated in Thailand, if you…
• Get a second dose of a 2 dose vaccine no less than 14 days before the travel date to Thailand
• Get a single-dose vaccine no less than 14 days before the travel date to Thailand
• In case of mix-and-match vaccines, get a second dose of a different vaccine within the recommended interval of the first vaccine no less than 14 days before the travel date to Thailand
Guidelines for being fully vaccinated after having Covid-19…
• Have received a single dose of COVID-19 vaccine at any time after the recovery. It is required to submit proof or medical record of Covid-19 recovery alongside the single-dose vaccination certificate.
• Fully vaccinated before contracting Covid-19
• Recovered from Covid-19 within 3 months before travelling to Thailand. It is required to present a valid medical certificate certifying the full recovery (within 3 months but no less than 14 days before travelling) or that you are asymptomatic in case the Covid-19 RT-PCR – or professional ATK – test shows a positive result.
SOURCE: Public Relations Department of the Royal Thai Government.