Following on the successful opening of a Robinson Lifestyle Centre next to the Heroine’s Monument a year ago, a similar ‘new look’ Robinsons shopping centre has now opened in Chalong.
The Central Retail Corporation opened the new “Robinson Lifestyle Shopping Centre,” in Chalong last week. Like its Thalang sister, the store incorporates the new-look department store as well as food courts and a host of other spaces and shops, including some new cinemas too.
Whilst the Central Festival and Central Florista may provide spaces for some of the luxury brands, the Robinson Lifestyle Centres are aimed at more of the local clientele.
On a positive note for locals will be the inclusion of a new cinema complex saving ‘southerners’ from going all the way to Central Festival for their occasional movie fix. However, if the Thalang branch is any indication, the selection will favour local tastes and usually be in Thai language with English sub-titles.
Designed around the concept of a ‘Carnival Village,’ the new Chalong Robinson Lifestyle Shopping Centre has plenty of bright colours, non-stop entertainment and shiny things to attract youngsters and ‘influencers’ during its first month of operation.
Apart from a Robinson Department Store and many of Thailand’s top brands, this new building aims to deliver “a unique Eat-Shop-Play” experience. The first phase of the centre opened its doors on September 20t with full services expected by the year-end.
Mr. Philippe Broianigo, Central Retail CEO for Real Estate and Business Development says there’s plenty to see when you first visit the new facility.
“Following the success of Robinson Lifestyle Shopping Centre, Thalang Branch last year, we’re excited to expand with ‘Robinson Lifestyle Shopping Centre, Chalong Branch.’
“It blends seamlessly with Phuket’s local identity, incorporating eco-friendly elements such as reduced surface materials and recycled wood. With over 350 leading brands spread across 7,600 sqm, we truly aim to be ‘More than a lifestyle destination shopping centre.'”
The new Robinson Lifestyle Shopping Centre is located on Chao Fah Road East, close to the end of Soi Tai-ed (nicknamed Soi Steroid by locals).
The centre is divided into three main areas…
1. More Than Eat–Shop–Play: Robinson Lifestyle Shopping Centre, Chalong Branch aims to offer a unique and exclusive experience for the local community…
- Food Paradise (Eatery): A diverse selection of international cuisines awaits, allowing visitors to savor a wide range of delicious options.
- EVERYDAY A FOOD HOUSE: This innovative dining concept offers relaxation and convenience, along with “EVERYDAY Grab & Go,” a first at Robinson Lifestyle Shopping Centre, Chalong Branch.
- Fashion Carnival (Fashion Zone): Stay updated with the latest fashion and lifestyle trends in a lively and enjoyable atmosphere.
- Magic Carnival (Tech Zone): Explore the newest gadgets and tech accessories, complete with a Major Cineplex branch, featuring the world’s most advanced Laserplex projection system.
2. More Than Sustainable Community Development: The centre is committed to aligning with local policies, enhancing the community’s quality of life, and focusing on three key areas:
- Economic Empowerment: Supporting local SMEs and startups by providing retail spaces for local products, fostering business growth and income distribution.
- Education Enhancement: Backing educational programs like the “Funtastic English Class for Kids #2,” providing resources and foreign teachers to local schools.
- Environmental Responsibility: Prioritising green energy by installing solar panels on rooftops and using high-efficiency chillers to reduce carbon emissions.
3. More Than Design: Featuring unique, community-centric designs that reflect the identity and lifestyle of Chalong residents, the “Carnival Village” concept adds vibrancy to the community and captivates tourists.
All the opening celebrations will continue until October 19, 2023.